Advertising in the midst of the current pandemic has forced media companies and businesses to get creative with how they are producing new TV spots. By continuing to advertise through times of uncertainty, you can set your business up for success both now and as things begin to return to more normal business operations. Even with new rules and regulations, Meredith Portland is still working with clients to help produce high-quality commercials while keeping everyone safe. Here’s how we’re creating TV commercials right now:
The Importance of Continuing to Create Commercials Right Now
Even though many businesses are operating differently right now, it's still important to keep creating TV commercials. This is the time to create and produce TV commercials with an opportunity to be creative. TV viewership is up and your customers are looking for more information about what your business right now. Television commercials help your business stand out and maintain marketing momentum while you are operating differently due to current restrictions and regulations.
How Meredith Portland is Still Creating TV Commercials Right Now
Meredith Portland is still offering service to our clients. We're taking the extra steps to create high-quality content that will help you reach your target audience while enforcing new precautions to keep our clients and staff safe.
Pre-production calls are required.
Before shooting a commercial, we will have a pre-production call and talk through the production plan. We'll go over the script, any procedures we need to use, and the shots that will be part of the commercial. We will ensure that the people on camera are available on the shoot day and that they are prepared to be shown on camera. Equally importantly, we'll go over the steps we are taking to maintain social distancing and keep everyone as safe as possible.
Scout the location at least 24 hours before.
We will meet with our client at least 24 hours before the shoot to walk through the location. We will take photos, plan shots, and go over any details that may be influenced by the location. This will allow us to shoot the commercial more efficiently on the day of the commercial shoot.
Rehearse the script.
The tone of your message is incredibly important. Rehearsing the script ahead of time can make it easier to deliver your message exactly the way you intend on the day of the shoot. If you're presenting on camera, it’s important to review the script in advance and rehearse the lines. This helps ensure that all commercials are shot as efficiently as possible while limiting the number of takes needed.
Safety measures in place on location and at the station:
At Meredith Portland, we want to ensure safety for everyone involved in our shoots. This includes:
- Wearing a mask and gloves at the location of the shoot
- Social distancing of at least six feet
- Keeping field equipment at the station. Before a shoot, the crew will go into the station to pick it up.
- Wiping down all equipment used as well as vehicle touchpoints: the door, seat, steering wheel, signalers, gear shift, and console, before and after the shoot
- Returning the gear when finished, and downloading or transferring the footage before going back home to edit
- Disposing of gloves and cleaning masks with the provided spray
Our team reviews HR notes about the appropriate glove and mask guidelines ahead of each shoot. Our goal is to keep things sanitary and reduce the risk of infection while keeping our clients and our staff as safe as possible.
How we're ensuring quality while remaining socially distanced:
Quality is still important. Meredith Portland is still delivering high-quality commercials while maintaining social distancing by incorporating the following:
- Using a boom mic on location, if possible
- Asking the client to remind others at the location when we are actively shooting, requesting that they keep the number of people on set to a minimum
- If a lavaliere mic is required, it gets wiped down before and after use. Each user will place their own mic with direction from the team, which makes it easier to maintain social distancing.
- Considering the background on every shot
- Keeping everyone on set properly distanced at least six feet apart
In addition to other social distancing measures, we are getting creative and taking advantage of the tools we have at our disposal. For example, if the commercial doesn't have to be done on location, we're using Zoom interviews to allow us to virtually connect with clients.
TV commercials are just as important now as they always have been and at Meredith Portland we are working to make sure our customers are still able to produce those quality spots. Our extensive safety precautions and creativity allow your business to continue to create high-quality commercials to help remain top-of-mind with your target audience while keeping everyone safe.